The redevelopment of Manchester Central Library presents the opportunity to celebrate and showcase Manchester and the North West’s original archive treasures, by bringing together two archive services based in the city centre (Greater Manchester County Record Office and Manchester Archives & Local Studies) and complementary partners into Archives+, a combined archive offer for Manchester and Greater Manchester, providing high quality customer services and access within the iconic Central Library. The main Archives+ partners are:
- Greater Manchester County Record Office (Association of Greater Manchester Authorities).
- Manchester Archives & Local Studies (Manchester Library & Information Service, Manchester City Council).
- Special Collections (Manchester Library & Information Service, Manchester City Council).
- North West Film Archive (Manchester Metropolitan University).
- Ahmed Iqbal Ullah Race Relations Resource Centre (The University of Manchester).
- Ahmed Iqbal Ullah Education Trust.
- Manchester & Lancashire Family History Society.
- British Film Institute (Mediatheque).
- Manchester Registration Service (Historic Registers).
- Genealogical Society of Utah (FamilySearch International).
This Historypin site is our first step towards collaborating together to provide access to our collections in one place. Here we offer a sample of our photographic and film collections relating to Manchester Town Hall.
Find out more at: www.manchester.gov.uk/libraries/arls