The College Archives was established in 1971 as a division of the Department of Special Collections in the Mary Norton Clapp Library and serves as the institutional memory of the College. We document the history of Occidental College by identifying, collecting, preserving and providing access to records by and about the College. We also promote and facilitate use of its holdings to faculty, staff, students, alumni, and scholars and serve as a research center for the study of Occidental College history.
Our holdings include materials in both print and electronic format. Some of these are campus publications, faculty and alumni files, photographs, scrapbooks, sound and video recordings, and architectural plans dating from the founding of the College in 1887 to the present. Notable records are Oxy’s founding documents, material from the Board of Trustees, and papers of past Occidental presidents.
Find out more at: www.oxy.edu